Putnam County Probate Records and Genealogy
Putnam County was created from Baldwin County on Dec. 10, 1807 by an Act of the General Assembly and was named for American Revolutionary War General Israel Putnam.
Putnam County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Putnam County Wills
- Putnam County Wills 1822-1857 (abstracts).
- Putnam County Wills 1808-1822 (abstracts).
- Images of Putnam County Wills 1822 to 1831
Names of Testators:
Abercrombie, Wilie; Allen, John; Allen, John (2); Allen, William; Ashurst, Robert; Averea, Arthur; Bailey, Green; Bigbee, James; Bird, Pue; Blunt, Edward; Bradley, Charles; Burt, Jesse; Cooper, Martha; Copeland, Richard; Crews, Etheldred; Crouch, Shadrach; Cullafer, Henry; Curry, Polly; Denham, Charles; Dickey, Patrick; Dixon, Nicholas; Duncan, Mathew; Edmondson, Patience; Espey, James; Fretwell, John; Gaither, Brice; Gant, Brittain; Gee, Peter; Gray, Thomas; Harris, Eli; Harris, Stephen; Harwell, John ;Hearn, Jonathan ;Hearn, Phoebe; Hill, John; Holland, Elizabeth; Holt, Singleton; Hudson, Charles; James, Elias; Johnson, Martha; Keaton, Jesse ; Kendrick, Martha; Killebrew, Robert; Kimbrough, Thomas; Little, Jesse; Lunsford, Nancy; Maddox, Joseph; Manning, Adam; McCoy, Archibald; McGhee, James; McGhee, James Jr.; Moreland, John ; Napier, Tabatha Dixon; Pace, Stephen ;Park, Thomas; Perry, Green; Posey, John Hamilton; Price, Zemulia; Read, Asa; Rees, Eliner; Rees, William; Richards, William; Robey, Timothy; Rosser, David; Scott, Francis; Singleton, Hezekiah; Skaggs, Charles; Smith, Dorothy; Smith, Joel; Spivey, Henry; Stembridge, William; Stephens, Abraham; Stewart, James; Stone, William; Sturdivant, John ;Turner, Henry ;Turner, John ;Watkins, Charity; Welborn, Thomas; White, Micajah; Williams, Mabel; Williams, Stephen; Wooldridge, Martha
Indexes to Probate Records
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1808 to 1820
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1820 to 1825
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1824 to 1833
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1836 to 1848
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1849 tp 1859
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1857 to 1874
- Will Bk C, 1857-1888.
- Clements, Jesse, estate (1822).
- Head, Thomas, LWT (1848), transcript.
- Crooked Creek Primitive Baptist Church, Members 1807, 1820, 1824-1826.
- Putnam County Muster Roll of Brown Rifles, C. S. A.