Muscogee County was created on December 11, 1826 on over 2,000 miles of Indian territory located between the Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers. This is one of the land lottery counties usually drawn by those residing in the eastern counties in Georgia. Research is indicated in the deed records in the counties where your ancestor resided before drawing in this lottery, as well as in Muscogee County deeds. Research is also indicated in Troup, Haralson, Harris, Talbot Counties and Russell County, Alabama.
Muscogee County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Wills and Estates
Indexes to Probate Records
- Muscogee County Wills 1838-1862 (abstracts)
- Muscogee County Wills 1862-1875 (digital images)
Testators: Allen, Mary A. ;Banks, John ;Barshall, Michael ; Bates, Mary ;Benning, Malinda; Bethune, Cherry; Biehler, Peter ;Biggers, L. M. ;Billing, S. A. ;Bozeman, Margaret ;Butt, James E. ; Camak, Thomas ;Chambers, James M. ;Champion, Elias ;Chapman, Charles ;Chapman, James A. ;Clark, Mary ;Clarke, Joseph ;Cleghorn, Charles ; Coart, Elizabeth ;Comer, James ;Cook, Elisha ;Davie, Anna ;Davis, Fannie A. ;Dillard, Francis W. ;Dolan, Bernard ;Echols, Rowen A. ;Elliington, Annie Euphresia ;Ellis, Marshall ;Emery, Mary ;Fischacher, Heinrich ; Fontaine, Benjamin B. ;Fontaine, John ;Foster, Nancy ;Fox, Lavinia ; Freeman, Mary Ann ;Gager, Love ;Garrard, William ;Griffin, Daniel ; Griswold, William H. ;Haiman, Lewis ;Hall, Henry ;Hardaway, Mary Hicks, Ann; Hill, Joseph ;Hirsch, Fleiman ;Howard, John H. ;Hudson, David ;Huff, Daniel ;Hughes, Delila ;Johnson, John ;Johnson, John T. ; Jones, Andrew P. ;Jones, James H. ;Jones, Mary ;Kimbrough, Sarah ; Kinsley, John ;Leverett, Nancy J. ;Lokey, Mary ;McAlister, William J.; McCardle, Felix ;McCarty, James ;McCrary, T. G. ;McGovern, John ; McMahan, Patrick ;Meacham, Julia ;Miller, James ;Miller, Joseph F. ; Moffitt, Henry ;Morris, Patsy ;Nagle, Susan ;Nelson, Anna ;Norris, George W. ;Nuckolls, Nathaniel ;Pace, Clement ;Peck, Ira ;Perry, Michael W. ; Phelps, Sarah ;Pickard, Silas ;Porter, Elizabeth ;Ragland, Thomas ; Ramsey, Priscilla ;Redd, James K. ;Robison, Alexander ;Rogers, Daniel ; Rounds, Susan ;Rumph, James ;Salisbury, Lucinda ;Semmes, Paul J. ; Shaw, Banks ;Shivers, Chaney ;Sloan, Thomas ;Smith, Brady Mitchell ; Smith, Edward ;Stanford, Thomas J. ;Strupper, John B. ;Thomas, Grigsby; Thomas, Owen ;Threlkeid, Ann ;Tinsley, Sophia ;Tucker, Hannah ; Turrentiine, Harriet ;Versilette, Charlotte ;Ware, James H. ;Warnock, Samuel ;Williams, Mary A.;Williams, Thomas L. ;Wimberly, James ; Winter, John G. ;Woodruff, Michael
- Muscogee County Wills 1875-1882 (digital images)Testators :Allen, Laney ;Alston, Philip ;Andrews, Lucinda ;Baker, Ida ; Banks, Sarah (Mrs.) ;Bardwell, Sarah ;Bass, Robert ;Beihler, Margaret ; Binford, Reuben ;Boyd, Alvin ;Bozeman, James H. ;Brittain, Joseph ; Brooks, Clementina ;Burrus, Charles ;Chapman, Susan A.; Cheney, John L. ;Clapp, Julius ;Coffield, William ;Cotton, Martha Ann ; Curry, James ;Curry, Patrick W. ;Denson, Joseph ;Dexter, Charles ; Dolan, Bridget ;Dortch, Walter ;Edward, H. W. ;Edwards, Ellen ; Edwards, Peter; Flewellen, Rena ;Flournoy, Martha ;Gawley, David ; Golden, George ;Heard, Elizabeth ;Huff, Adela ;Huff, John A.; Kivlin, James ;Lewis, Mary A. ;Lindsey, Sherwood ;Lynch, Asa ; Lynch, William D. ;McGouch, George ;McLaughlin, Stephen ;Munro, R. W. B. ;Oladowski, Hipolite ;Parramore, William; Peyton, H. M. ;Philips, Susan ;Pinkard, Griffin ;Pirrie, Samuel ;Rhodes, Thomas ;Salisbury, William L. ; Slade, Thomas ;Taliaferro, C. B. ;Taylor, Moses ;Threewits, Thomas ; Thweatt, Peterson ;Torrene, Matilda ;Urguhart, Mary Jane ;Venable, George ;Wacasser, Francis ;Webster, Joseph ;White, George ;Willet, Isaiah ; Williams, Atlanta ;Woodruff, Abigail ;Wright, Arminious
- Will Bk A, 1838-1863
- Will Bk B, 1862-1875
- Will Bk C, 1875-1891
- Will Bk D, 1891-1903
- Annual Returns, Inventories, Sales, Vouchers, Bk A, 1839-1843
- Annual Returns, Inventories, Sales, Vouchers, Bk B, 1843-1848
- Annual Returns, Bk A, 1839-1843
- Annual Returns, Bk D, 1852-1854
- Books A and B, 1838-1844.
- Hudson, Martha, LWT (Digital Image).
- Parramore, William E., LWT, (1881).
- Scarborough, Jesse, LWT (Digital Image).
|See how Easy it is to read old Wills online|
|Members may also print/download image|