Murray County was created from Cherokee County on Dec. 3, 1832 by an Act of the General Assembly. Before that it was occupied by the Cherokee Nation of North Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina and Chief Vann farmed in this county.
Murray County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Murray County Wills 1840-1872Testators: Adair, Edward ; Anderson, James ;Bailey, William ;Bates, Andrew J. ;Bates, John ;Bates, Julius ;Black, George ;Drummond, Daniel ;Ducket, Martha; Dwight, Samuel ;Fitzpatrick, Jackson ;Gaither, Elizabeth; Gray, Robert ;Hall, Drury ;Harrison, Nathan ;Hawkins, John;Hill, Richard; Humphries, David; Humphreys, Joab ;Jackson, Littlebury ;Johnson, Jason ;Jurkin, Samuel;Killingsworth. Francis; King, Elias ;McClain, William ;McCurdy, Stephen ;McEntire, John ;McGhee, James ;Murray, Samuel ;Neal, Adam ;Neal, Robert ;Parr, Charles ;Patterson, Robert C.; Pickett, James; Ray, William ;Ray, William J. ;Royston, Lewis ;Shelton, Elizabeth ;Sloan, Robert; Stevenson, John ;Stewart, Susan ;Stown, Luke ;Terry, Duncan; Terry, Lewis; Thompson, Benjamin ;Vining, Albert ;Wilkinson, John ;Wilson, Martha J.Abstracts of Murray County Wills
Indexes to Probate Records
- Murray County Wills 1840-1872.
- Murray County Wills 1872-1922 (abstracts).
- Index to Murray County Will Book 1, 1840-1872.
- Index to Murray County Will Book 2, 1872-1922.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1835-1853.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1853-60.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1859-67.
- 1882 Map of Murray County.
- Map of Spring Place, seat of the US Indian Mission (Cherokee Nation).
- Map of Murray County District 8.
- Index to Murray County Marriages 1834-1849
- Murray County Rangers of 1838.
- List of Murray County Superior Court Judges and Clerks
- List of Murray County Sheriffs
- List of Murray County Tax Collectors and Receivers