Harris County was created from Muscogee and Troup Counties in 1827 and was named for Savannah lawyer and mayor, Charles Harris. County is Hamilton, Georgia. Early Settlers: Zilpha Baker, John Alexander, James Cotton, Eli Davis, Osborn Ely, William Glaze, William W. Hunt, William Ingram, Thomas Jones, John M. Jordan, Barnett Knight, Branch, Ligen, Isaac Middlebrooks, Abel Nilson, John Pattillo, Jackson Rush, Jeremiah Reeves, William Stringer, Sr., Churcwell Tarvin, Philip Wilder and Benjamin Walker.
Probate Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Images of Wills and Estates
Indexes to Probate Records
- Wills, Bk 1, 1833-1849 (abstracts0.
- Harris County Wills, Book 2, 1850-1875 (digital images)Testators: Adams, Anna; Alexander, John; Baker, Merrill;Baker, Zilpha;Bankston, Elizabeth; Barnes, John; Beall, Elias; Berry, Jesse; Blackman, William; Blanchard, Thomas; Boddie,R. V. R.; Boggs, Elizabeth; Brown, Robert; Champion, Philemon; Christian, William; Copeland, Pinkney; Copeland, William B.; Copeland, William Sr.; Cotton, James J.; Cotton, Smith; Cox, Asa; Crews, Reuben; Crook, Osborn; Davenport, John; David, J. W.; Davidson, John; Davis, Eli; Davis, James; Davis, Judith; Davis, Mary Ann; Doris, Joseph; Dowdell, James; Emory, Samuel; Glaze, William; Gassaway, Eliza; Gassaway, James; Goodman, Elizabeth; Gorham, Willis; Granberry, George;Gunn, Jesse;Hamilton, John; Harden, Moses; Harper, Elizabeth; Harris, John; Hendry, Robert; Hevis, Samuel; Hill, Jasper; Hill, Vincent; Hines, Elias; Hopkins, William; Horn, Hugh; Hougton, William; Hudspeth, William; Huey, Alexander; Hunley, Ambrose; Hunley, William; Hunt, William W.; Hurling, Andrew; Hutchins, David; Ingram, William; Johnson, Sanky; Jones, Randall; Jones, Thomas; Jordan, John M.; Key, Henry; Kimbrough, Jesse; Kimbrough, Jesse T.; King, Thomas; Kinsey, Joseph W.; Knight, Barnett; Laney, David; Ligon, Branch; Little, Jacob; Livingston, John; Lloyd, Charles; Martin, William; Marshall, S. F.; Matthews, Henry; Mays, Sarah; McCarter, John; McCartan, Cormick; McGee, John; McLeroy, Thomas; Middlebrooks, Isaac; Miller, Martha; Mitchell, Elizabeth; Moss, Gabriel; Murrah, Thomas; Myhand, Alvin; Neely, Osborn;Nelson, Abel;Nelson, Abel (2); Pace, Clement; Parr, William; Passmore, John; Pate, Mary; Patillo, John; Pearce, Leroy; Pearce, Syntha; Pearce, Thomas; Perry, William M.; Philips, Wilder; Phillips, Sarah; Pitts, Samuel; Pollard, William; Pratt, Leonard; Ragan, Sarah; Redding, A. W.; Rees, William J.; Reeves, Jeremiah; Rickman, Benjamin; Rivers, William; Roberts, Killis; Robinson, Henry J.; Robinson, Milus; Ross, Mary; Rush, Jackson; Rutledge, William; Slaton, Littleberry; Slaughter, Monroe; Smith, Reddick; Stribling, Anthony; Stringer, Williamson; Tarvin, Churchill; Taylor, Christopher; Thomlinson, Mary; Trammell, Pulaski; Truett, Samuel; Vance, Levin; Walker, Benjamin; Walker, Thacker; West, Irvin; West, Walter; White, John; Whitehead, James; Whitehead, William; Wilkinson, Alexander M.; Williams, Benjamin; Williams, George W.; Williams, Thomas A.; Woodard, Littleberry; Wright, Martha and Zachry, Daniel.
- Index to Wills, Book 2, 1850-1875.
- Index to Wills, Book 3, 1873-1932.
- Index to Miscellaneous Estates Book B, 1837-1844
- Harris County Marriages, index 1828-1860
- Harris County Marriages, index 1859-1872
- Hurling, Andrew
- Horn, Hugh (1871) estate
- Map of Third District of Harris County.
Books Georgia Bible Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgia Frontier, 3 volumes, by Jeannette Holland Austin Georgia Intestate Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgians by Jeannette Holland Austin Index to Georgia Wills by Jeannette Holland Austin 30,638 Burials in Georgia by Jeannette Holland Austin