Genealogists should research the Cobb, Cherokee, Floyd, Hall and Forsyth County records for ancestors in this section of Georgia, as many families travelled together, intermarried, etc. Hall County was created in 1818 from lands ceded by the Cherokee Indians on July 8, 1817 in the Treaty of the Cherokee Agency. Additional Cherokee lands were ceded to Georgia on Feb. 27, 1819 in the Treaty of Washington which included the western portions of Habersham and Hall counties. In 1820 a land lottery was held for lucky drawyers, which granted 250 acres of land. It was named for Lyman Hall (of Connecticut), one of Georgia's three signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Hall County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Miscellaneous Wills and Estates
- Hall County Wills 1837-1867 (abstracts).
- Index to Hall County Miscellaneous Estates, Wills, AInventories, Appraisements, Annual Returns, Vouchers, Book A, 1819-1838.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book A, 1837-1867.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book R, 1868-1890.
- Hall County Marriages 1819-1850.
- Chastain, William (estate image).
- Chastain, William (inventory image).
- Chastain, William (administration image).
- Lockhart, Vincent, Agreement Between Heirs (1893)(image).
- McConnell, John Sr., LWT, transcription (1821).
- Thacker, William (estate image).
- Revolutionary War Soldiers from Hall County
- Revolutionary War Soldiers Eligible to Draw in Land Lottery
- 1836 Muster of Gainesville Dragoons
- 27th Regiment, C. S. A. Muster Roll
- Hall County Muster Roll, C. S. A.
- 1897 Civil War Reunion
- Hall County Pensions 1918-1921
- Hall County Roll of Invalid Soldiers Pensions 1914-1920
- Minutes of the Hopewell Church, Gainesville
Images of Newspapers (select issues)
- Sketches published in The Daily Times, Gainesville
- Residents of Cave Springs
- Settlers of the Nacoochee Valley
- Physicians in Hall County
- The Baptist Sun
- The Flowery Branch
Books Georgia Bible Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgia Frontier, 3 volumes, by Jeannette Holland Austin Georgia Intestate Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgians by Jeannette Holland Austin Index to Georgia Wills by Jeannette Holland Austin 30,638 Burials in Georgia by Jeannette Holland Austin
Discover when and where your relatives graduated from Georgia Schools. See GA Graduates and Photos
Georgia Graduates 1818-1907
|See how Easy it is to read old Wills online|
|Members may also print/download image|