Hall County Wills and Estates
Pictured is the Hall County Court House and Lula, Georgia. Hall County was created in 1818 from lands ceded by the Cherokee Indians on July 8, 1817 in the Treaty of the Cherokee Agency. Additional Cherokee lands were ceded to Georgia on Feb. 27, 1819 in the Treaty of Washington which included the western portions of Habersham and Hall counties. It was named for Lyman Hall (of Connecticut), one of Georgia's three signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Research should also include Gwinnett and Habersham Counties.
Hall County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Hall County Wills 1837-1867 (abstracts).
- Index to Hall County Miscellaneous Estates, Wills, AInventories, Appraisements, Annual Returns, Vouchers, Book A, 1819-1838.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book A, 1837-1867.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book R, 1868-1890.
- Hall County Marriages 1819-1850.
Miscellaneous Wills and Estates
- Chastain, William (estate image).
- Chastain, William (inventory image).
- Chastain, William (administration image).
- Lockhart, Vincent, Agreement Between Heirs (1893)(image).
- McConnell, John Sr., LWT, transcription (1821).
- Thacker, William (estate image).
- Revolutionary War Soldiers from Hall County
- Revolutionary War Soldiers Eligible to Draw in Land Lottery
- 1836 Muster of Gainesville Dragoons
- 27th Regiment, C. S. A. Muster Roll
- Hall County Muster Roll, C. S. A.
- 1897 Civil War Reunion
- Hall County Pensions 1918-1921
- Hall County Roll of Invalid Soldiers Pensions 1914-1920
- Minutes of the Hopewell Church, Gainesville
- Sketches published in The Daily Times, Gainesville
- Residents of Cave Springs
- Settlers of the Nacoochee Valley
- Physicians in Hall County
Post Office Building and Dean Block, Atlanta Journal, May 27, 1901
Pacolet Cotton Mills, Gainesville, nearing completion, Atlanta Journal, May 27, 1901
Wholesale and Retail Stores of John A. Smith Mfg. Co., Gainesville, Atlanta Journal, May 27, 1901
Georgia Bible Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgia Frontier, 3 volumes, by Jeannette Holland Austin Georgia Intestate Records by Jeannette Holland Austin The Georgians by Jeannette Holland Austin Index to Georgia Wills by Jeannette Holland Austin 30,638 Burials in Georgia by Jeannette Holland Austin
Discover when and where your relatives graduated from Georgia Schools. See GA Graduates and Photos Georgia Graduates 1818-1907