Butts County Records
Butts County was created in 1825 from portions of Henry and Monroe Counties. The name was taken from Captain Samuel Butts, a member of the Georgia Militia who was killed in the battle against the Creek Indians during the War of 1812. The town of Jackson was in honor of Andrew Jackson, a Georgia Hero, whose campaigns against the Creeks was memorable to Georgians; and also for his victory over British forces at the Battle of New Orleans. Researchers should search Henry County Records; particularly the deeds where many Butts residents are found.
Click on Me
Records available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Butts County Wills 1821-1841 (abstracts)
- Butts County Wills 1821-1841 (digital images)
Names: Atkinson, Arthur, Barkley, John, Barron, John, Blessell, Elisha, Blessell, Elisha, continued, Flewellen, Louiza, Heard, Stephen, Holly, Jacob, Knight, Walter, Lawson, Adam, Lindsey, Samuel, Malone, John, Messer, Isabel, Patrick, John, Reynolds, Thomas, Rhodes, William, Smith, John, Spear, orphans, Spears, Joseph, Stark, Samuel, Taylor, George, Taylor, John, Taylor, Joseph, Waldrip, Abraham, Walker, James, Wooten, James
- Butts County Wills and Estates 1845 to 1855 (Digital Images)
Dillon, Henry ,
Fielder, Joseph ,
Lee, Harvey ,
McGuire, Abin ,
Preston, John ,
- Butts County Wills and Estates 1849 to 1857
Testators: Andrews, John,
Atkinson, Cornelius, Allison, William,
Bankston, Olive, Camp, James,
Conger, Eli, Curry, Harriet, Dillion, Henry, Douglas, Robert, Douglas, Sarah, Fielder, Joseph,
Hammond, W. J., Harrison, Elizabeth, Humber, Robert, James, John,
King (minors), Lacy, Thomas,
McCUne, Cornelius, McCune, James,
McDaniel, John, McGuire, Abiah, Meridith, Elizabeth, Moore, Willis,
Redman, William, Reeves, Green, Slaton, Mandane,
Staton, H. P.,
- Index to Butts County Wills, Book A (1850 to 1896)
- Index to Butts County Wills, Book B (1897 to 1948)
- Index to Butts County Wills, Appraisements, Sales, Annual Returns 1826-1841.
- Index to Butts County Appraisements, Sales, Annual Returns 1836-1845
- Index to Butts County Wills and Annual Returns 1845-1851.
- Index to Butts County Wills, Appraisements, Annual Returns 1849-1857.
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1852-1855.
- Index to Butts County Sales and Appraisements 1852-1874.
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1864-1888
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1889-1901
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1896-1901
Butts County Marriages 1827 to 1870
General Index to Butts County Marriages 1876-1896